To produce groundbreaking indie films;
- To work as a collective;
- To find and nurture talent with vision, innovation, and originality... and to champion these elements towards success and commerciality;
- To retain talent once it is established;
- To market our films in order for them to crossover in world markets;
- To consolidate a brand (The Bureau) of excellence and distinction.
To work with distinctive talent, because innovation creates success.
- To take risks in producing films which do not fit conventional expectations of a ‘British Film’;
- To attain critical acclaim;
- To reach a wider audience through improved distribution and marketing strategies;
- To retain integrity in our creative choices whilst remaining autonomous;
- To make films that not only count today, but will count tomorrow.
We can distil our concept into four fundamental principles:
- EDITORIAL CHOICE: each produced work mixes authenticity and deep singularity with successful commercial viability.
- CONVICTION: the Producer’s sensibility resides at the heart of our editorial choices. At The Bureau, priority is given to the continuous development of Producers.
- INDEPENDENCE: to unite around The Bureau a group of associated Producers, sharing similar ideals. These Producers are individually independent in their editorial choices and are collectively responsible for the financial liabilities they commit the Company to.
- DEVELOPMENT: to identify new talent and lead them towards success; to train future producers; to finance signed projects; to manage and follow sales and distribution through links with major UK & French players as well as European international sales companies.